Monday 11 July 2011

What's in a name?

My wife and I were getting ready to go to the beach with our two daughters this last Saturday. I was asked to put some sunscreen on our oldest, and when I approached her with a palm full of the summer-smelling lotion she immediately started telling me a CRAZY story about putting on "sunscream". I stopped for a second and listened carefully for her to say it again, just to confirm that I heard it right. Yep, there it was again, SUNSCREAM. I laughed out loud, sort of confusing little "S" (my blog nickname for our oldest), and told "M" (my wifes nickname) what I had heard. Little did I know [Stranger Than Fiction] that S also calls pinecones, "pinecorns". We got talking about pinecorns and sunscream, and I mentioned making a blog by that name. My wife jumped on board with the idea, so this is the ultimate duo, team effort blog, filled with my wife's baking and sewing projects. And it gives me a chance to practice my photography! I'm also a HUGE movie fan, so while reading you may come across a link to a movie if I mention something that reminds me of a line or plot-line from one of my favorite films. Oh, by the way, our youngest daughter, born in January, will be known as "N" from her on out.

Lates,

B

The one and only, S

No comments:

Post a Comment